Monday, August 31, 2009

Police Roadblocks are everywhere!


Hari Raya is coming soon and it's common knowledge that prior to festivals, people need money to do shopping.

I've been noticing for years that usually 1 month prior to Hari Raya Puasa, our policemen are very hardworking and dedicated in setting up roadblocks.

Is it because they are worried about our welfare since this is the time where crime rate usually shoots up? While I'm worried for robbers and thugs, I'm equally worried for robbers and thugs in uniform.

While you are travelling, be it long or short distance, please be extra diligent in following the traffic rules. Also, do renew your road tax if it has expired.

Before I end this short note, don't ever make a conclusion that the roadblocks are set up with dubious intention.

Our policemen are a dedicated lot and they will do their utmost to keep crimes at bay including nabbing the Mamak gang who have been known to don police uniform while executing their "duties".

I am very sure that when Raya comes, roadblocks won't be as ubiquitous anymore until the following year, especially a month before the festival.

It's a pattern I've been observing all this while. Have you, too?

I support you, policemen! Still, I will be very careful not to run afoul of the traffic rules

No comments: