Monday, August 31, 2009

Arrogant, Snobbish, Snooty, Stuck-up, High & Mighty, Aloof, Haughty, Supercilious & Toffee-nosed


Lest you think the title of this writing refers to my character, please perish that thought. Done? Thanks for your co-operation.

Now, let’s move on. Unless you are dense, by now, you would have formed a general impression of what this writing is about. Yes, you guessed it right- ARROGANCE!

Arrogant fools are easily identifiable by the swagger they carry, that certain smirk on their faces, the daggers look they give to others and the group of people they mix with.Arrogant fools are very discriminatory when it comes to befriending people. The saying “Birds of a feather flock together” rings true with these fools. They carefully choose friends whom they think fit into their mould of arrogance.

Compared to English accent-fakers, I am ready to wage my life that you cross paths with arrogant fools on a more regular basis. These scary and despicable creatures are everywhere but why do some people choose to be arrogant?

Let me theorise, it stems from the person’s irrational thinking that he is better than others in certain areas, chiefly on intelligence, appearance, wealth and ability. But what the arrogant fools fail to realise is that there are many other people who are better than them.

Being arrogant only gives the fool a false sense of superiority over others. Some people who perceive they are higher educated, earn more and in better jobs might act arrogantly towards their fellow human beings without a care for their feelings.

I don’t know about your philosophy in life but for me, I will never discriminate someone based on his occupation. Most jobs however menial they are, do serve a purpose. Imagine life without road sweepers, toilet cleaners, gravediggers, garbage collectors or even prostitutes? The world would turn topsy-turvy.

I prefer to be down-to-earth. Try it; it’s good for the heart. Honest!

Before I conclude my jotting, what comes to your mind if I were to call you “Lan Si, Lan Yong”? It’s provocative and insulting, I know. What about your initial impression when you read the title of this writing? Negative?Now, you know how people at large view the arrogant fools.

No comments: